According to recent research, 70% of CIOs claim that agility and scalability are two of the top motivators for using SaaS applications.
SaaS companies are gaining momentum and the competition has never been so strong. This is why more and more SaaS companies are looking for strategies that will speed up their growth.
In a nutshell, growth hacks consist of marketing tactics that focus specifically on growing rather than just increasing visibility or building brand awareness.
And this works! Brands like Mailchimp have been using growth hacks to grow their revenue and increase their reach.
Here are some of the hacks that you can adapt to your brand and grow it faster than ever before.
- Leverage AI To Attract New Customers And Retain Them
Here are a few ways how you can use AI to boost your brand’s growth:
- AI-powered customer personas: this brings you a large number of valuable insights about customers which can then help you create their profiles.
- Chatbots: Chatbots can help you provide your customers with 24/7 real-time support, which will enable you to learn more about their behaviour and optimize their customer journeys accordingly.
- Product and content recommendations: AI can help you create content that will allow for up-selling and cross-selling to existing customers and nurturing leads.
- Create Authoritative Content
- Creating high-quality authoritative content that people will want to read takes time and effort.
- So instead of investing a huge amount of time into creating many articles, you should focus on repurposing one top-quality piece into different forms like video, carousels, infographics, whitepapers and then promote them on a wide range of social media platforms.
- This allows you to position yourself for keywords you want to rank for. Here are a few interesting ways how you can do this:
- Create an educational piece that explains how people can use your product to solve their problems and achieve their goals. One of the best examples is HubSpot which has created many how-to guides for their platform.
- Provide your audience with the best practices for their inquiries
- Give your customers an insight into how you have solved a certain issue, or show them ways how other brands solved their challenges
- Use testimonials and case studies to highlight the value your product brings to your customers. There’s no better way to show why your product is the right choice than by asking people to share their impressions.
- Create A Large Email List Of Subscribers
Based on an interesting study conducted by Content Marketing Institute, 87% of marketers use email marketing to educate their customers about the product.
But this is not the only benefit of email marketing. Here are a few other things it can do for you:
- Educate your customers about how your product can help them bring value which can then provide you with both upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Keep them updated about all product modifications
- Keep them updated about your company’s events and affairs
For example, Sumo is a successful SaaS start-up that managed to build an email list of over 700,000 addresses. By increasing your email list, you will build a large database of subscribers and extend your reach in no time.
- Create Referral Programs
How do you decide to buy something? Do you hear a good recommendation from a friend, do you read about it on social media, do you see an ad?
Sharing information by word of mouth is probably one of the most powerful ways of promoting products.
That’s why you should capitalize on this approach — just like Dropbox that places “Refer a friend” messages everywhere.
This strategy turned out to be very effective for Dropbox. Referral programs are a great way to encourage your current customers to come back to your site to explore it further. This, in turn, may help you increase the number of sign-ups or conversions.
If you are having a hard time finding the right strategy, you can search for experts who can help you with website design in New York and give you all the valuable insights you need to attract new users.
- Leverage The Power Of ProductHunt
If you want to increase your product’s visibility across networks and help more people find out about what you do, you should check out ProductHunt.
This website enables users to not only share and rate the products they use but also find new products they might need.
It is based on a voting system that allows you to vote for a product and make it climb higher on the website’s list, which automatically gives it more visibility.
There is a whole range of small and large businesses that use ProductHunt to increase conversions and gain traction. Here are a few things you can do to improve your reach through listing on ProductHunt:
- Use the right keywords so that people can more easily find your product
- Invite the members of your community to upvote your product. The more engagement, the higher your product visibility.
- Add catchy images that will attract people and engage them, so that they are more likely to upvote your product
- Choose the best time to post your product so that it attracts as much attention as possible
- Be Active On Social Media Channels
Having accounts on as many social media channels as you can think of will help you engage your customers and increase your brand’s visibility.
However, it won’t do much if you post once or twice in every two weeks. Besides clearly defining the frequency of posting your content on social media, you also need to make sure you are consistent.
Consistency plays a major role in increasing your website visit and building trust with your customers. People know what to expect from you and when.
However, frequency and consistency are only two of the important goals you need to reach if you want to build your authority as a brand.
You need to work on creating social media groups and communities or join them to spread the content that you are creating, share expertise, and broaden your network.
You need to subscribe to influential people and brands in your industry and then interact with them: like and share their content or start and engage in discussions to gain attention.
If you need more time to focus on things that matter the most, search for web design San Diego. That will help you reach the stars on your digital sky.
- Use LinkedIn As Much As Possible
With 675 million users, LinkedIn is a super-effective channel that you can leverage to build close relationships with users and acquire new customers.
LinkedIn is a great social media channel as it makes up almost 50% of all social traffic to blogs and websites.
In other words, with LinkedIn the time and effort you have invested into creating authoritative content will not go to waste. Here are a few things you can do on this platform to gain traction:
- Share your content on your company page and encourage your team members to do the same
- Play with different visuals and formats and test which performs better
- Comment regularly on trending posts if you want to increase traffic to your site. The good thing about LinkedIn is that it offers various topics within hashtags you can follow or use them to join the conversation on various topics
- Wrapping Up on Saas Brand Growth Hacks
Creating an effective growth-hacking strategy is imperative if you want to increase your SaaS brand’s awareness and cut through the noise.
The techniques above will help you attract new audiences to your product and give you plenty of opportunities to convert them into new users.
But always make sure you have a surprise element in your product marketing strategy, something that will make your audience go “Wow!”
It’s important to stay updated on new trends as this will allow you to get ahead of the curve in no time.
Travis Dillard is a business consultant and an organizational psychologist based in Arlington, Texas. Passionate about marketing, social networks, and business in general. In his spare time, he writes a lot about new business strategies and digital marketing for DigitalStrategyOne.